Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Push To Durango


We arrived in Tuba City during the early morning hours.  We changed crews and I start my hotel finding app to find a room.

I was becoming increasingly frustrated because nothing was showing up.  After more attempts I realized that instead of Tuba City, I was searching for hotels in the town of Music Box! 

Kristy, Mike, and myself settled in for some sleep and a shower.  Three hours later, the desk clerk was surprised to see me again and even more surprised to find out that we were checking out.

Cassie had advanced so far that we were not able to catch up to and relieve the direct follow team until after the scheduled shift change!

She was pedaling hard and with determination.  We traversed Utah and entered Colorado, arriving in Cortez around 11PM. 

The push was now on to Durango.  We swtiched to #2 and Tommy and Kat-2 took over direct follow.  We were driving ahead, getting out of the van to shout encouragement, and after she rode by, we would hop back in and repeat the process.

We kept it up all night until we made it to........Durango!



Next up:  The continental divide.

1 comment: